Friday, February 20, 2009

Unemployment

Well, it has almost been two months since I have been unemployed. I had only three days of working until they laid me off on the 2nd. Thankfully, I have had some babysitting gigs to make time past but it has not been enough. So what have I been doing over the last two months? First, I enjoy the holidays which was nice. Then with the passing of Nick's grandma and myself getting laid off, I threw myself into job hunting. I had had so many rejection e-mails come my way. I failed a pretty simple test that would have made my life so much easier because the job would have been great. I have been interview for another position that would have recover all our money that we have lost over the last 8 months and would have set us up to be able to move in two years. But nothing came of that. I had a few phone interviews for nanny jobs that I most likely lost due to being pregnant. I went to a job fair on Tuesday to get some pretty okay leads and found out that my last pair of work pants really do not fit anymore.

So what to do when you are about 5 months pregnant, visibly showing and still have no way to pay for your stupid student loans? Who is going to hire you? In the meantime, I have signed up for Sittercity to get some part time work/random sitting?

So how I have filled my time with being out of work. I have learned how to make food in our 3 in 1 rice cooker/slow cooker. There is something really nice about having dinner done with my hubs gets home and he did not have to cook. thank you Rob and Mel for the rice cooker. I have been baking. I just made those chocolate peanut butter cookies that I have been obsessing about. Thank you Charles for the baking bowl. I love that thing. I have been taking yoga at random times. Not this week because I fell last Friday and hurt my knee pretty bad. But now I am functioning again so Monday Yoga here I come. I have been seeing movies, Bride Wars, He's just not that into you, and Confession of a Shopaholic. I have clean the apartment (not the bathroom yet). I have been looking for a job. I have played the sims. I have set up 3 registries. BuyBuyBaby, Land of Nod and Pottery Barn Kids. I have chilled out and relax most days. I have had e-mail talks with peeps. I am on facebook all day. So I have been busy but way bored at times as well. I really will not be using this blog for my personal life but I want to give you all an update on how I have been spending my time in my apartment with my stinker cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment