Monday, May 25, 2009

Pregnancy Products Review

After thinking about this for a while, I wanted to give my few Pregnancy Products that I have used over the last 8+ months. Also, figuring with the pregnancy coming to a close, I most likely will not be trying out anything new.

Clothing:
Bella Band: This was great for letting me wear my pre-maternity pants longer and keeping the maternity pants I did buy fit until they actually did fit. It can be use for all stages of pregnancy as well. I still use it to keep my one pair of pant up.

Knits: This is the best fabric for clothes. Honestly, I have 4 pairs of maternity pants, 2 shirts, 2 dresses and one swimsuit. All the rest of the clothes I have been wearing are knits, just in the size up from my normal size. Granted this may not work for everyone but it worked for me.

Lotions/Oils:

Shea Butter Body Lotion from L'Occitane: Granted I went though a pretty rough winter with horrible dry skin but in pregnancy you are suppose to get dry skin. This worked wonders but super pricey.

Therapy Massage Bar from Lush & Nutts Bar: This was great for those extreme dry skin moments where my skin was red and bumpy and just plain gross. But again, too pricey to use all the time so I got it when my skin really needed it. The hubbs benefited from this as well.

Motherlode belly oil: It was a nice oil once the winter finished with my skin. I used it on my stomach to prevent stretch marks.

Earth Mama Angel Belly oil: I liked this one better and still using it right now. I get more oil with the pump.

Books:

What to expect when you are expecting: get a copy from someone or used copy from a book store. Don't buy it, everyone has a copy.

Pregnancy Week-By-Week: Again, get a copy from someone or look it up online. Most pregnancy information is posted online on these websites.

The Nursing Mother's Companion: Revised Edition & The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding: Seventh Revised: Great information about Breastfeeding. I would highly recommend them.

Baby Bargains: This is a great guide to help you find out what you really need for the baby.

Itsabelly's Guide to Going Green with Baby: This is a great companion to the Bargains book because it lets you know what to get in terms of green lifestyle.

Raising Baby Green: The Earth-Friendly Guide to Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Baby Care: Great introduction to green life with baby.

Anything else, I will think of later or just ask me when you get around to getting preggers and I am pretty sure I will either hook you up or find a way to hook you up.

(In no way was I paid to talk about these products, I just loved them and wanted to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment