Friday, June 18, 2010

ONE

What can I say? I have tried to think of something witty or something truly sappy. I am at a lost for words.



You are one. In many ways, I wish this day was not coming because I did not want my sweet little baby to grow up. In other ways, I am happy it is here and you are so healthy. What would my life been without my little peanut? How would your dad and I survive almost 2 years of marriage? You are something that we never knew we wanted but always wished for in our future.



You are slowly learning how to walk. You stood independently for a full 30 seconds yesterday, of course while mommy was not in a good position to look. You will be walking by 15 months. I do not doubt that for a minute.



Your check up today said that you are 18 lbs, 12 oz (15%) for weight, 28 3/4 in (45%) for height and head was 17 3/8 in. So we learned that you are still a little peanut. It made me feel better that I have brought a small supply of fall/winter clothes in the next size. I was worried that you might out grow it but nope, not the Dylan.





Sometimes, I cannot believe that I get to be your mom. Your dad is your dad. We are your parents and that is one amazing gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment