Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I jinxed myself

On Monday we went back to Carol's (the lactation consultant) and we were talking about how relax and chilled out Dylan has been since she was born. I brought her home and she would not settled down. She was in such a mood that she just would not want to nap until much later that night. So maybe she was over tired because we spend so much time at Carol's or maybe she is just gaining weight so she is staying awake more. I thought yesterday was a fluke. But today, she pulled the same thing this afternoon. Also, her schedule is messed up because she is now exclusively BFing until Thursday. We are going back to the pediatrician and we want to see if she is gaining weight by BFing rather then using a bottle.

She is gaining weight. She is back to her discharge weight 6 lbs 4 oz. She is feeding more on demand rather then on a schedule which is harder for me. I don't get a chance to recover and pump. Also pumping has been reduced to 5 times a day. Yea for me!!! She also has a small diaper rash. I had to run out to the school and get some diaper cream. Hopefully that will clear up. I was reading that it is more common with the hotter weather or it could be the laundry soap that we are using. But hopefully, it is nothing and it will clear up in a few days. I don't want to use a new detergent. Again, I have said this before, if her skin is super sensitive from cloth diapers, we will switch to gdiapers.

Speaking of diapers, I was taking a picture of her getting change last week and she was the most modest little girl in the world. It was super cute. She also gets modest when I am feeding her. She will move her free arm over her eyes and face. She is like "Mom, Stop watching me feed. You are super paranoid. I am getting enough to eat now." Well, I better wake her up so she can eat.



Plus, when I do want her to sleep, I moby wrap her. I love this wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment