Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Barefoot Books

I finally took the plunge and signed up for Barefoot Books. What is Barefoot Books you ask?
"Barefoot Books began with two mothers who wanted their children to have books that would feed the imagination, while instilling a respect for diversity and a love of the planet. Today, we are a world-wide community of writers, artists, storytellers, musicians, and others who are committed to providing timeless stories and captivating art that can help children become happy, engaged members of a global society."

I pulled that from the website itself. I had discovered this company late last year 2008 while at a green festival that Oak Park was holding in a church basement. I walked around the festival thinking, oh I have seen better then I stopped dead in my tracks because I found BOOKS. Books, Books and more books. I went to the booth curious about the books to discover that they were children's books. Granted I was about 10 weeks pregnant at the time so anything with baby or books would have gotten my mouth watering. But I took at closer look at these books to discover that they were not your average books. They were princess stories with creative plot twists like the princess does not need her prince. Or a whole series about Cleo the Cat that seem like Tori the Cat.

They are a good company that once you buy a book they plant two trees in its place or maybe one. But still they love diversity in their stories. I sat on the idea of joining the company for about a year now. There were many reasons not to join for a while like losing my job, having a baby and starting a new job. I believe all the stars have aline for me to take the plunge and join the company now. This will be the last time I try to start my own business so I am hoping it will be quite successful.

What I am asking you to do? Just check out my own personal marketplace. The link for my site is on my blog as well as
http://Laurel-Meiborg.barefootbooks.com/
https://www.barefootbooks.com/marketplace/12634/

Buy some books and invest in your child's future.

No comments:

Post a Comment